Thursday, May 03, 2007

Streets Of Forgotten Pasts

As your hand reaches out
In greeting
In the streets of forgotten pasts
I feel my heart’s forbidding cry
And memories open up pages
Of a well read book
Memories of that hand
caressing
Soothing
Comforting
Holding mine
On sleepless nights
That hand brought
A smile on my face

Memories
In forbidden places
Fight to reach the surface
That hand’s
Resounding echo on my cheek
Pulling
Pushing
Pinching tender places
Hurting
Hurting me in ways I never knew
That hand’s
Clenched punch
Instant tears as my nose cracks
Pain
Pain, never felt before creeping between
My eyebrows
Spearing, and like a lightning flash
Forever breaking my heart

We meet, many years later
In the streets of forgotten pasts
I
will
not
I will not
let that hand
Ever touch me again

Pop © 29 April 07